Services & What to Expect
Dr. Cain is passionate, nonjudgmental, and views her patients as individuals. Even though she specializes in homeopathic management of psychiatric issues, Dr. Cain will look at you as a whole person and design a treatment plan that is specifically tailored to your needs. Her recommendations may encompass homeopathic, nutritional, supplemental, and mind body approaches.
- Comprehensive New Patient, Diagnostic Medical Consultation
- Individualized Homeopathic Consultation and Homeopathic Medicine Recommendation
- Medication management
- Ordering diagnostic lab work & analysis of existing laboratory work
- Dr. Cain only orders laboratory tests that are peer reviewed and supported as clinically accurate.
For FAQ about lab testing, go here.
- Coordination of care with other practitioners including but not limited to: Hospitals like the Mayo Clinic and St. Luke’s Behavioral Health, working with psychiatrists, counselors, medical specialists and more.
- Biofeedback with Heart Math’s EmWave
- Integrative approaches to your care: Dr. Cain believes a team-based approach to your care will offer you the best and most well-rounded experience. Dr. Cain works in two integrative offices, one is at Integrative Mental Health Center in Scottsdale, the other is Health For Life Grand Rapids. To meet the Health For Life Team, click HERE. In addition, Dr. Cain may consult with other excellent practitioners in order to provide you with integrative, well-rounded, and researched recommendations.
- Mind Body Interventions, including: Safe place and other guided imagery protocols, mindfulness, emotional freedom technique, holographic imagery, and positive psychology.
- Dr. Cain offers consultations for other practitioners who are looking for support in case analysis and treatment. Call our office to learn more!
- Dr. Cain does not provide formal professional counseling services, but uses her counseling training to assist her in her medical practice only. Dr. Cain has a list of wonderful counselors that she works with on a regular basis, and trusts. See the resource page for a complete listing.
What to Expect
During your new patient visit, Dr. Cain will spend between two and three hours with you. During this consultation, you an Dr. Cain will discuss your symptoms in detail, do a screening physical examination, review your records, and order any laboratory work that may be helpful in getting to the root cause of your symptoms. During the initial visit, Dr. Cain will also do what is called a “Homeopathic Consultation” where she will guide you in describing your symptoms in great detail, with the purpose of finding the right medicine for your specific, unique, and individual presentation.
You may receive your treatment at the end of the first visit, or if necessary, Dr. Cain will give you your comprehensive treatment plan after new laboratory work has been reviewed.
Between the first and second visit, after you have started your treatment, Dr. Cain offers one complimentary 15 minute phone consultation. The purpose of this visit is to answer any questions or concerns that may arise in the beginning of treatment.
Follow Up Visits
Follow up visits typically occur about once per month. While some patients require more frequent consultations, others may require follow up visits less often. Dr. Cain also offers mind-body medicine and may recommend you either see a local counselor, or return to see her more frequently in order to promote deeper and, potentially, more expedited healing. Examples of mind body interventions that Dr. Cain recommends include but are not limited to: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), counseling, biofeedback, mindfulness, guided meditation, and more.
Typically as you start to get better the frequency of visits goes reduces until eventually it is no longer necessary to follow up beyond the occasional tune-up.
Are We a Good Fit?
It is important to ensure you are a good fit when choosing your doctor. Homeopathic treatment is not a quick fix, and while the results may be curative and long lasting, the patients who have the most success are those who are committed to the process of becoming well.
Dr. Cain excels at working with patients who have not found relief despite attempting both western, and alternative approaches to medicine. She has over a decade of training in the mental health field, and because of her clinical and research background Dr. Cain is able to offer a unique perspective. Dr. Cain has also found that regardless of the quality of physician, that good homeopathic prescription often outshines any other type of mental health intervention.
Because of Dr. Cain’s unique niche, and with the growing demand for alternative mental health, she prioritizes scheduling new patients who are ready to follow through with treatment recommendations and follow up visits.
Dr. Cain also does not manage acute psychiatric emergencies, and therefore if you are in an acute crisis, or if you are unsure if you are ready to start treatment, see the resource page for additional practitioners, groups, and organizations that may offer you support to fit your needs.
Dr. Cain is a Naturopathic Doctor in Grand Rapids, Michigan and is a licensed Naturopathic Physician in Scottsdale, Arizona. She splits her time between two office locations. Additionally, she sees patients across the United States, Canada, and Europe via telemedicine (video and phone).